I have provided training, supervision, and consultation for mental health and child welfare professionals, school personnel, other professionals and parents for many years. Training topics include:
- Family and Conjoint Therapy
- Therapy to Treat Trauma (adults and children)
- Therapy Techniques
- Cultural Competence
- Parenting Support and Education
- Relaxation and Mindfulness
- Adoption and Kinship Competency
In addition to these topics, I am happy to speak with you and craft something specifically for your group or organizational needs.
Training for Adoption Competency
As a result of my affiliation with with Lilliput Children’s Services, I am one of only three trainers in the state of California qualified to facilitate Training for Adoption Competency (TAC).
Here is a little about TAC:
- A competency-based training curriculum developed in collaboration with national experts in the field of child welfare, adoption and mental health and rigorously evaluated at the University of Maryland, School of Social Work.
- A 13-session instruction program (a total of 78 hours of instruction) that engages students in clinical knowledge and skill building, followed by monthly group clinical case consultation sessions over a 6-month period.
- A standardized training program that is being replicated across the United States to provide clinicians with the knowledge and skills they need to be adoption competent.
If you are a clinician or mental health or child welfare agency interested in Training for Adoption Competency please contact:
Edye Swidler, Clinical Director at Lilliput Children’s Services
916-923-5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
I am passionate about providing supervision for the next generation of growing professionals. Currently I provide clinical supervision for a local non-profit organization in Sacramento County. In addition, I have supervised at several mental health agencies throughout the region and would welcome the opportunity to support your agency should you have a need for supervision.
In addition to my agency work, I am also available to provide supervision for interns or child welfare professionals who need to gain supervision toward licensure. My hourly rates for supervision are the same as my hourly rate for counseling sessions.